The holidays are finally here, and we understand that we are all looking for fun ways to celebrate and enjoy the season with our family and friends. Thankfully, Whittier is a beautiful, fun and very active Community that has great entertainment for all. So, let’s take a look at some of the upcoming events that we have gathered for our patients and their families.
Uptown Whittier & Shannon Center: Saturday, Dec.14, 2019
- 66th Annual Christmas Parade at Uptown Whittier: This is a fun activity for the little ones and the not-so-little! The Whittier Uptown Association is organizing a delightful day that starts 10 AM to 12 PM; and it will be on Saturday, December 14, 2019 at Greenleaf Ave.
- Also on Sat. Dec 14, 2019 we have: “Navidad En Whittier With Danza Floricanto” this event will take place at Whittier’s Shannon Center. From 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM. Tickets must be purchase, so hurry up!
Shannon Center: Sunday, Dec.15, 2019
- From 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM PST we will Gather, Sing Joyfully, Celebrate! Where New Century Singers Whittier present their amazing Holiday concert with their special guests from the Braille Institute’s Johnny Mercer Children’s Choir.
First Friends Church: Friday, Dec.20, 2019
- The following week and also at the Shannon Center from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM, we will have a Hawaiian Holiday with Kimo West. West is a well-known Grammy Award nominated guitarist and he is accompanied by the musical comedy artist of “Weird Al” Yankovic. This collaboration has earned them four Grammy’s, and a Billboard #1 CD debut for 2015’s “Mandatory Fun”
Maple Street: Saturday, Dec. 21, 2019
- The Heart of Compassion Christmas Event is an amazing Christmas Celebration of Free Food and Toy Distribution that fights hunger and feeds hope. It goes from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM PST on Maple Street. It is a place where everyone is welcomed with a smile. The Holiday Spirit brings families and friends together and will support everyone with food, clothing, hygiene products, manicures, haircuts, face painting, toys for the kids, music, rock climbing, and much more. Volunteers and donations are always welcomed, and the hours for volunteers is from 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM. You can call the Volunteer Line: (323) 727-7997, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their site at: www.heartofcompassionca.org for more information.
Uptown Whittier Ongoing Events: Every Friday during Dec.2019
The Certified Farmers’ Market is a lovely community that gets together every Friday from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and at 13018 Philadelphia St. (Corner of Philadelphia and Bright Ave). You can get delicious, fresh grown produce and interact with the farmers themselves, and why not walk around the beautiful streets in Historic Uptown Whittier.
For more events and information on additional delightful events for the Holidays feel free to check the City Calendar. And remember that Hacienda Pediatric Dentistry cares for you, so we want to take this opportunity to wish all our patients, their families and friends a beautiful Holiday Season, filled with joy, warm embraces and beautiful smiles.