A message from Hacienda Pediatric Dentistry
Dear Hacienda Pediatrics Patients,
We have missed our families and patients very much during the mandated stay at home period and we are excited to see everyone again ????. Although our office ???? has always practiced universal precautions which prevent transmissions of diseases within the dental office, we have made additional changes for the safety and well-being of everyone.
Here are a few of the changes we have implemented but please check our website blog, FB and Instagram for up-to-date information:
1. Patients and family members will be screened for COVID related symptoms several days in advance through our automatic confirmation system. If any household members may be suspect for illness, we will ask you to reschedule your child’s appointment for the safety of staff and other patients in the office. All staff are screened on a daily basis.
2. Only children with appointments and ONE parent ???? is allowed to accompany them.
3. We will be implementing a curbside check in policy to limit your time in the office. We ask that you text us ???? upon your arrival to the parking lot. We will inform you when it is your turn to be seen in the office. ????
4. At check in, we ask that everyone sanitize their hands, ???? wear a mask ???? for the duration of the visit, and have their temperature taken with a “no touch” thermometer.
5. All difficult to sanitize items like toys, magazines, and brochures have been removed. So please bring your child’s iPad or favorite toy with them ????.
6. Hospital grade, ultra-HEPA IQAir filters have been placed throughout the office to help reduce bacteria, viral, and allergen aerosols. Unlike household filters, IQAir is able to filter out particles smaller than a virus.
7. You may notice that staff are wearing additional protective equipment including face shields, clinical gowns, and a hair protection cap. ????
8. We are limiting the number of patients we are scheduling and staggering appointments ⏰ so we can carry out extra sanitation measures ???? and maintain social distancing within the office.
9. We are prioritizing appointments the first several weeks back for children with pain or emergent dental needs. If your child is in good dental health, please be patient with us as we take care of the most urgent cases first.
What has not changed is our commitment to delivering the highest quality of care for our patients in a safe and fun environment. As we all transition back to the ‘new normal’, we appreciate your patience and in a safe and fun environment. As we all transition back to the ‘new normal,’ we appreciate your patience and feedback during these challenging times. Please email or text us if you have any requests or concerns. We can’t wait to see your smile soon! ????
We have recorded a video that highlights some of these changes mentioned above. Please take a moment to watch what we have implemented for a smooth and safe visit!
Ps.- Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Californian Dental association (CDA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For further information you will be able to contact Dr. Sheu at (626) 257-7382 and (626) 470-3352.